So, here's what I did....
Went to Lowes and bought an 8ft. piece of molding.
Kinda measured and cut. I'm not much of a perfectionist when it comes to measuring. I usually like to just eyeball it.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
I started with the miter box and hand saw.... That did not last long, wwwaaayyy to slow and it was killing my shoulder. I spied the power miter saw on Hubby's work bench. Hubby was actually taking a nap, so I couldn't ask him to do it for me. I thought, I can do this! He showed me how to use the miter saw....once...
Just go for it! And I did! :)
Did the miter corners come out good?
Well, they were good enough for me.
Later, when hubs was awake, he helped me glue the corners and the frame. Those clamps helped out a lot.
Once that was done, we got out the nail gun and nailed the corners for more stability.
There were a couple of ooops nails...
Hubby just got out his cutters and snipped the end off.
A little putty will fix that up!
Plus you can see that my corners did not meet up too well.
So, all the corners got filled in.
I also used some paintable caulk to seal around where the two frames meet. Can you see that gap?
All primed, ready to be painted.
After it was painted, I inserted the button monogram.
I liked it but it was kinda plain, it just needed a little "something".
Of course, I forgot to take a picture of that! Ugh!
So, I decided to paint part of the molding black.
You can see the what a difference it made.
Much, much better!
This didn't come out perfect, but I like it that way.
Families aren't perfect either, so neither will my gallery wall.
This just makes me smile!
I would love to say that this was cheap... I don't think it was. The molding was about $12, I thought I could get 2 frames out of it. Nope!
And I didn't use any extra. Oh, well.
This next set of frames I'm working on was CHEAP!!
I hope they come out good!!
I'm half way through the project. I'm on a roll!