This is one of Hubby's favorite dinners! We love Mexican food! In fact, how he could eat it probably every night of the week.
This dish is super easy to make! You won't believe how easy it is to make. I made a 9 x 13 dish of this before my surgery and froze it. I wish I had made more.
We had this the other week and it tasted just as good as freshly made. It almost has a tamale taste to it. The corn tortillas kind of mimic the corn of a tamale. It's really good! It won't disappoint.
- 20 corn tortillas
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey, cooked and drained*
- 1 packet McCormick® Enchilada sauce mix
- 1 can 8 oz. tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- cheddar cheese
- Cut corn tortillas in half to fit around the 9X13 pan. Dip corn tortillas into enchilada sauce and place into the pan, layering to cover entire bottom of pan.
- 2nd layer, 1/2 of meat spread over tortillas. Next, sprinkle cheddar cheese over meat. Repeat layer, topping with tortillas. Lastly, cover final layer of tortillas with cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350°, until cheese is melted and heated through.