September 29, 2014
(Betcha can't guess where I am...) ;) And yes, this is fashion...kinda... Go Flames!
We had a great weekend! First, we got to visit our daughter in Virginia and then headed down to our favorite place to vacation, Myrtle Beach. It was kinda cloudy and wet, but it was nice to get away.
Preparing for this getaway, I decided to change purses to something a bit more fallish. I've had shoulder issues, so now, I like to wear over the shoulder, cross over purses. I really don't like heavy purses, or really big ones. I like it simple. Anyway, I changed purses, and this one didn't have all the nice organizing pockets inside. Everything seemed to fall into a big black hole. Then dig, dig, dig to find something. Basically, a HUGE mess!
Do you see what I mean? This began to bug me after day one! On Thursday, I decided I couldn't take it anymore. There has to be a better way, some sort of purse organizer. I looked on Pinterest and saw a few pics. I could easily do this!
PLACEMAT PURSE ORGANIZER
1. Find a cheap placemat, I think I might have picked this up at the Dollar store.
2. Fold over the top edge for stability and sew across.
3. Fold the placemat almost in half and line up the items you where you want them. You want to be able to reach into the pocket easily. Place stickpins where you want the pockets to be.
4. Sew up sides and pockets where you placed the stickpins.
5. Voila! Placemat Purse Organizer!
This organizer will fit in practically any size purse. I didn't sew the ends together, so that it can fold over if the purse is rather small. I folded it over in this purse.
I have been blogging for about 4 years and I enjoy sharing all the things that go on here at The Stonybrook House. From building to decorating, crafting and cooking, and so much more. I enjoy gardening and a healthy lifestyle. Most importantly I love The Lord Jesus my Savior and my wonderful hubby of 28 years!
you may also like
- ► 2016 (108)
- ► 2015 (52)
- Fashion Over 40 ~ Placemat Purse Organizer
- (My) Fashion Over 40 ~ How's Your Thinking?
- Dining Room Chairs Turned Out Perfect!
- (My) Fashion Over 40 ~ Gettin A Little Chilly
- Ugly Dining Table ~ No More!
- (My) Fashion Over 40 ~ Today's Culture and The Chu...
- A Tour Through Blogland With The Stonybrook House
- (My) Fashion Over 40 ~ Ruling Our Own Spirit
- ▼ September (8)
- ► 2013 (68)