It is soooo awkward taking pictures of yourself sometimes!
After 3 attempts of trying to balance myself on one foot, I finally got it!
I kinda felt like going casual/dressy to church.
Hubby was wearing jeans with a new button down shirt and sweater I picked up for him at JCPenny's.
I got such a deal, it was awesome! I found him those two items and picked up 2 sweaters for myself for $18! What a bargain!!
I was going to wear one of them, but it was a bit too casual. So, I picked out this. I really like this top with the red cardigan.
But here is my fashion FAIL!! Those shoes are awful!
What was I thinking??
I seriously need to work on my shoe wardrobe! Ugh!
I've been steadily working on the basement and if you follow me on Instagram or Facebook you might have seen that my WONDERFUL Hubby started installing a few outlets and a light switch in the basement.
Can you believe that they only put 2 outlets in the ENTIRE basement??? Seriously?! In order to plug anything in I'd have to run 50ft. extension cords.... yeah. Well, all that is going to change! There's been a LOT of progress, but still LOTS more work to do.
My pastor shared about some possible reasons our prayers might not be answered. I don't know about you, but I've had some AWESOME answers to prayer and then sometimes I haven't. There are times where it was a definite no, or it was a wait, or if I don't hear anything, I still just wait. Or quite possibly it could be one of the reasons I'm going to share with you.
1. Our prayers don't line up with the Word of God or His will.
1 John 5:14 (NIV)
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
2. If prayers are designed to fulfill a dream, fantasy or inner lust, they will not be answered. God sees the sin we try to hide in our hearts. We need to die to our sinful nature.
Romans 8:13 (VOICE)
For if your life is just about satisfying the impulses of your sinful nature, then prepare to die. But if you have invited the Spirit to destroy these selfish desires, you will experience life.
3. If we are hanging on to a secret grudge or harboring unforgiveness, they won't be answered.
Matthew 6:14-15 (NLT)
14 If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. 15 But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Forgiving isn't saying that what they did was okay. It's putting all of it, the hurt, pain, anger, etc... in Christ's hand, and letting Him take care of it and take care of you. That's a tough one, I've struggled with this... Did you catch my post on Forgiveness?
4. Not really expecting anything to happen when you pray. We must have faith, and if you are lacking faith, ask The Lord to help you have faith.
5. Sometimes we try to tell God how He should answer our prayer, or we have "terms" we'd like met. There may be a lack of trust on our part if we're trying to tell God how it should go. We need to trust in our Heavenly Father, not limit Him.
Ephesians 3:20 (NLT)
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
There are many many reasons why God answers the way He does. We have to remember He sees all and knows all. His ways are much higher than ours. God is for us! He always wants the best for us! We just need to trust in Him, because He is always faithful. Always!
1 Peter 5:7(NLT)
Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.
Blessings to you,